The data export tool can also be used for importing CSV data for all systems with MySQL and PHP.
Basics for CSV import using the data export tool
Probably the best and most effective way for a data import is a CSV file. This CSV file can imported into the target database with phpMyAdmin for example. The CSV file must exactly match the structure of the target table.
Exactly this data structure you can generate with the data export tool for all systems with PHP and mySQL (CMS, online shops, blogs, forums, etc.). The basis for this is the ability to join tables according to their primary and secondary keys. This results in a flexibility which you can find nowhere else.
Importing CSV files – An Example
- Saving product data from Online Store A in Online Store B
- Online Shop A manages the data about the products in 3 tables.
- Online Shop B manages the product data in 1 table.
- Due to the possibility to join tables the data export tool generate the required data structure for online shop B from the tables of Online Shop A.
The other way around works the same way.
- Product data should be copied from Online Shop X in Online Shop Y.
- Online Store X manages the data about the products in one table.
- Online Store Y manages data about the products in three tables.
- Also in this case generates the data export tool for each of the three tables of the Online Store Y the required structure of the data from the table of Online Shop X.
As a user of the data export tool you just have to know in which tables the information you need can be found.
The data types of columns must be adjusted.
This function of the application was not yet planned for the development of the data export tool, but is obtained automatically.
This arise completely new business ideas and service sectors for agencies around data management.